PAIB Insurance Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with exceptional service. As this service consists of the gathering, use, and disclosure of some personal information about our clients, protecting your personal information is one of our highest priorities.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) has set the ground rules for how businesses may collect, use, and disclose personal information. We have always respected the privacy of our clients while protecting their personal information, however, the PIPEDA has helped us to reinforce our own commitment and dedication to these principles.
PAIB Insurance Inc. and the insurance industry on the whole has demonstrated success in respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of federal legislation, we’ve further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
- Basic information such as your name, address, etc.
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Void Cheques outlining bank account details
- Any medical information which may affect the operation of a motorized vehicle.
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are in order to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assess your needs for other products in order to offer them to you
- Notify our clients (or allowing our affiliated companies to notify our clients) of certain products or services offered by us or our affiliated companies
- Comply with the law or requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations and financial institutions
- Professionals working with us such as adjusters or lawyers
- For the purposes of collecting a debt
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
- Protect clients personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the personal information
- Use appropriate security measures when destroying clients’ personal information such as shredding documents and deleting electronically stored information
- Continuously review and update our safeguard measures and policies as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security
When using our web site, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our web site, the internet address of the web site from which linked you directly to our web site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the web site you visit, the web site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the web site. This information is used for website and system administration purposes and to improve the website.
Our website may contain links to other web sites or internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links, you are contacting another website or internet resource. PAIB Insurance Inc. has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or internet resources or their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all websites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
Our web site uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Our web site has received a certificate to confirm that we have met with industry standard security protocols. For your online security, always verify you are on an authentic PAIB Insurance Inc. web site by clicking on the logo.
There are circumstances where collection, use or disclosure may be justified or permitted, or where we are obliged to disclose Personal Information without your consent.
PAIB Insurance Inc. is responsible for all personal information under its control. Our privacy manager is accountable for PAIB Insurance Inc.’s compliance with the principles described here. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the privacy practices of our organization, please contact us at the following:
We will respond to your request or investigate your concern as quickly as we can but no later than 30 days from the date of receipt of your query.
Important reminder about email communications:
Please remember that email sent over the public internet is not secure. If you send an email directly to us from your own email account, the contents will not be encrypted. We strongly recommend that you do not send sensitive information (like a credit card number) to us via unencrypted email. PAIB Insurance Inc. is not responsible for any transmission by you of any personal information over the public internet.
Last update: October 2016